SnapMatch ("we" or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By downloading and using the SnapMatch web and mobile applications (Applications) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
As the user of the SnapMatch Applications you agree you are responsible for uploading of data containing your personal information into the SnapMatch applications and you agree to allow potential employers and employees to view and/or receive this information.
You understand and agree that SnapMatch provides you with the technology to process this data and enables the matching of personal data between users to facilitate employment opportunities on your behalf.
Although SnapMatch endeavours to ensure the information uploaded into our applications is true and correct we do not take responsibility for the veracity of all the personal information that is uploaded into our applications.
SnapMatch users are responsible for clarifying that any personal information uploaded into the applications by users meets their requirements prior to any job offer and/or acceptance
We are registered in Australia under ACN 155463675 and we have our registered office in Palm Beach, Gold Coast QLD Australia.
- Personal Information
- You will create a Personal Profile entering your personal information into the applications. The information you provide may include your name, work status, location, education, shift requirements, photograph and work references.
- SnapMatch will then use this information to match your job requirements with suitable job vacancies.
- SnapMatch enables matched employers to view your profile and contact you via App chat to discuss job vacancies that match your job requirements. They can make a job offer which you can decide to accept or reject.
- When accepting a job offer you can allow the employer access to additional personal information that includes tax file number, super fund and banking details. This is to enable them to register you as an employee and to pay you through their payroll system. This information is required for the purposes of employment.
- You may decide to provide this information to your employer as a hard copy on your day of commencement; this is a decision that you will make with your new employer.
- Disclosure of your Information
- Your Information can be viewed by employers who are seeking employees who match your job skills, experience and shift requirements, this includes;
- Name and photograph
- Job classification
- Years experience
- Work status or right to work in Australia
- Preferred work location
- Shift requirements
- Work References
- Matched employers can contact you by App messaging or chat, you can decide to accept or reject any contact and/or job offer.
- Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Third Party Websites
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.